This dish is not at all my own. My great friend Brittany cooked them up for us one evening and I've made them at home since. There are several tweaks I've made at different times but this is the original recipe, I think you'll like it.
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2-3 pieces of cooked bacon
4-5 green onions
1/4-1/2 of 8oz brick of cream cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450. Grease an 8×8 inch glass baking dish and set aside.
2. Trim and pound out chicken breasts, until about 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
3. In a bowl add cream cheese and soften in the microwave (about 20-30 seconds).
4. Now chop your green onion and add to the cream cheese, shred your bacon and add as well.
5. Add salt and pepper, stir until well combined.
6. Spread mixture over half of each chicken breast. Fold the plain side of the chicken over onto the cream cheese and hold in place with toothpicks.
7. Place both chicken breasts in your baking dish. Sprinkle a little of your favorite seasoning on top (mrs. Dash, garlic salt, etc). Place in oven and cook for 20-30 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink. Serves 2.
These are delicious and nutritious! Hope you love them like I did, thanks Brittany!