Monday, January 14, 2013

How to Preserve a Husband

I received this recipe in a cookbook full of old family recipes that my sister gave to me when I got married. It is just too cute to keep to myself and it has multiple truths to it as well!

1. Be careful in your selection. 
2. Do not choose too young. 
3. When selected, give your entire thoughts to preparation for domestic use. 
4. Some wives insist upon keeping them in a pickle, others are constantly getting them into hot water. This may make them sour, hard, and sometimes bitter. 
5. Even poor varieties may be made sweet, warm, and tender and with kisses and a mantle of charity. 
6. Keep warm with a steady fire of domestic devotion..
7. To keep them fresh and light-hearted, sprinkle daily with Sense of Humor.
8. Most importantly, wrap them tightly in prayer.

Thus prepared, they will keep forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment